Here’s a step-by-step guide to cleaning your On Cloud shoes:
- Remove the laces: Start by taking out the laces from your shoes. This will make it easier to clean the entire shoe surface.
- Brush off loose dirt: Use a soft-bristle brush or an old toothbrush to gently brush off any loose dirt, dust, or debris from the upper, the outsole, and the midsole of the shoes. Be thorough but gentle to avoid damaging the material.
- Prepare a cleaning solution: Fill a basin or a sink with lukewarm water. Add a small amount of mild detergent or a sneaker-specific cleaning solution. Mix the water gently to create a soapy solution.
- Clean the upper: Dip a clean, soft-bristle brush or a sponge into the soapy water. Gently scrub the upper part of the shoe, focusing on any stained or soiled areas. Use circular motions and be careful not to apply too much pressure to avoid damaging the shoe’s material.
- Clean the insoles: Remove the insoles from the shoes if they are removable. You can hand wash them separately using the same mild detergent or cleaning solution. Rinse them thoroughly and let them air dry.
- Clean the outsole and midsole: Dip the brush or sponge into the soapy water again and gently scrub the outsole and midsole of the shoes. Pay attention to any dirt or grime build-up in the crevices or textured areas. Rinse off the soap residue thoroughly.
- Rinse the shoes: Once you have finished cleaning, rinse the shoes under cool running water to remove any remaining soap or cleaning solution. Make sure to rinse both the upper and the outsole/midsole. Ensure that all the soap is thoroughly removed.
- Dry the shoes: Gently squeeze out any excess water from the shoes. Then, stuff the shoes with clean, dry paper towels or newspaper to help them retain their shape and absorb moisture. Avoid using direct heat sources such as heaters or hair dryers, as they can damage the shoes. Instead, allow them to air dry at room temperature. This process can take several hours or overnight.
- Reassemble and lace up: Once the shoes are completely dry, reinsert the insoles (if they were removable) and re-lace your shoes with clean, dry laces.
- Optional: Apply a protectant spray: If desired, you can use a shoe protectant spray specifically designed for the material of your On Cloud shoes. Follow the instructions on the spray bottle to apply a thin, even coat to help repel dirt and water in the future.
How to Clean on Cloud Shoes Using a Washing Machine
Cleaning On Cloud shoes in a washing machine is not recommended by the manufacturer, as it may cause damage to the shoes. However, if you still prefer to clean them in a washing machine, here are some steps to follow:
- Preparation: Remove the shoelaces from your On Cloud shoes. It’s also a good idea to stuff the shoes with towels or paper towels to help them maintain their shape during the washing process.
- Pre-treat stains: If there are any visible stains on the shoes, pre-treat them by applying a small amount of mild detergent or stain remover directly to the stained area. Gently rub the detergent into the stain using a soft brush or cloth.
- Place in a laundry bag: Put your On Cloud shoes inside a mesh laundry bag to protect them during the washing cycle. This will help prevent any unnecessary friction or damage to the shoes.
- Select the appropriate settings: Set your washing machine to a gentle or delicate cycle with cold water. Avoid using hot water, as it can potentially damage the shoes’ materials. Additionally, use a mild detergent that is suitable for delicate fabrics.
- Start the wash cycle: Start the washing machine and let it complete the cycle. Avoid using any bleach or fabric softener, as these can be harsh on the shoes and affect their performance.
- Air dry: After the washing cycle is complete, remove the shoes from the laundry bag and place them in a well-ventilated area to air dry. Avoid using direct heat sources such as heaters or sunlight, as they can warp or damage the shoes’ materials. Allow the shoes to dry naturally for several hours or overnight.
- Reassemble and lace up: Once the shoes are completely dry, reinsert the insoles (if removable) and lace up your On Cloud shoes with clean, dry laces.
It’s important to note that washing On Cloud shoes in a machine may still cause damage or affect their performance, as the manufacturer does not recommend this cleaning method. Hand washing following the instructions provided earlier is the preferred method for cleaning On Cloud shoes.
What are On Cloud Shoes
On Cloud is a popular Swiss brand known for its innovative and performance-oriented running shoes. Here’s an extensive overview of On Cloud shoes:
- Design and Technology: On Cloud shoes are designed with a unique approach to cushioning and support. They feature a distinctive “CloudTec” sole, which consists of individual pods or “clouds” that provide a cushioned landing and an explosive takeoff. These clouds are engineered to compress upon impact and then lock firm to provide a stable platform for a powerful toe-off.
- Upper Material: The upper of On Cloud shoes is typically made from a lightweight and breathable mesh material. This mesh allows for excellent ventilation, keeping your feet cool and dry during your runs or workouts. The upper often incorporates seamless construction or minimal overlays to reduce irritation and provide a snug fit.
- Cushioning and Support: On Cloud shoes are known for their responsive cushioning. The cloud pods in the midsole offer a unique combination of softness and support, allowing for a comfortable and energized running experience. The shoes generally provide a moderate level of cushioning, making them suitable for various running distances and training purposes.
- Outsole: The outsole of On Cloud shoes is designed for both traction and durability. The rubber pods on the outsole provide excellent grip on different surfaces, including roads and light trails. The pods also feature a honeycomb pattern, which helps distribute pressure evenly and enhances flexibility.
- Lightweight Construction: One of the key features of On Cloud shoes is their lightweight construction. The use of lightweight materials and minimalistic design elements allows for a light and agile feel. This makes On Cloud shoes a popular choice among runners and athletes who value speed and responsiveness.
- Versatility: On Cloud shoes are versatile and can be used for various activities beyond running. Many users find them suitable for gym workouts, casual walking, or everyday wear due to their comfort and stylish design. Some models even offer waterproof or weather-resistant versions for added versatility in different conditions.
- On Running App: On Cloud shoes are compatible with the On Running app, which provides additional features and benefits. The app allows you to track your runs, analyze your performance, and access personalized training plans. It also provides insights into your running technique and offers recommendations for improvement.
- Model Range: On Cloud offers a wide range of shoe models to cater to different running styles, preferences, and performance needs. They have options for road running, trail running, and even urban exploration. Each model may have its specific features, such as additional cushioning, stability elements, or enhanced durability.
- Collaborations and Special Editions: On Cloud collaborates with various athletes, designers, and brands to create special editions or limited-edition shoe models. These collaborations often result in unique colorways, exclusive designs, or special features that appeal to collectors and fans of the brand.
- Sustainability Initiatives: On Cloud has made efforts to incorporate sustainability into their manufacturing processes. They have implemented measures such as using recycled materials, reducing water consumption, and exploring more sustainable manufacturing techniques.
By following the aforementioned steps, you should be able to effectively manage how to clean On Cloud shoes and maintain their appearance. Remember to always refer to the specific care instructions provided by the manufacturer, as they may have additional recommendations or precautions for cleaning their shoes.